Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Music for Words

Because I need something to clear the voices in my head. Because the walls of the world surrounding me need to crumble. Because I cannot think without music's silence. Because I cannot create without the simple, pure cadence of words clearing the misty vapors of my mind. Because all at once a song can be so completely right and inspiring and beautiful.

Below, I've posted the song I listened to on repeat 50 times last night while I was editing a few chapters. I wrote an intense and emotionally charged scene and I needed a song that would pull me into my character's world, into the moment and into the action. I love this song (obviously, since my ears are now bleeding music, haha) and I hope someone else will discover the magic in it, as I have :)

Lyrics: Song to the Siren

On the floating, shipless, oceans
I did all my best to smile
til your singing eyes and fingers
drew me loving into your eyes.
And you sang "Sail to me, sail to me,
Let me enfold you."
Here I am, here I am
waiting to hold you.

Did I dream you dreamed about me?
Were you here when I was full sail?
Now my foolish boat is leaning,
broken lovelorn on your rocks.
For you sang "Touch me not, touch me not,
Come back tomorrow."
Oh my heart, oh my heart shies from the sorrow.

I'm as puzzled as a newborn child.
I'm as riddled as the tide.
Should I stand amid the breakers?
Or shall I lie with death my bride?
Here me sing: "Swim to me, swim to me,
Let me enfold you."

Here I am, Here I am, waiting to hold you."

No comments:

Post a Comment